50 Background Wedding Songs for your Daytime Reception
Background music is essential to create an atmosphere during the wedding breakfast. Music has the power to instantly bring back special memories every time you hear that song in the future. So of course, you’ll want your wedding day to be filled with background wedding songs that mean the most to you. I’ve put together a list of 50 background wedding songs for your daytime reception to help get you started.
While your daytime background weddings songs may not be the most important songs you choose for your wedding (I’m sure you’ll agree that they rank below your wedding ceremony songs or your first dance song), they are still essential in creating the right atmosphere during the hours between your vows and the evening reception starting.
Daytime wedding music choices.
There are no rules for your daytime wedding music choices; the music you choose will depend heavily on your own personal taste and the vibe you are striving to achieve on your day.
I suggest including songs that blend nicely into the background, gently setting your desired mood and keeping those absolute bangers for your evening reception where you and your guests, can let loose on the dance floor. Also choose a variety from different decades so you’ll play something that’s recogniseable for everyone.
Whether you have a good idea of the sort of songs you’d like to be played during your wedding breakfast or not…take a look through my list of daytime wedding songs and you are sure to find some inspiration to get you started.
50 Background wedding songs suggested for you.
I hope you have as much fun planning your own wedding music as I’ve had putting together these songs for you.
Here are some wedding breakfast background song choices that should be enjoyable for all of your guests.
- Ho Hey – The Lumineers
- Kiss Me – Sixpence None the Richer
- Cannonball – Damien Riche
- Hopeless Wonderer – Mumford and Sons
- The very thought of you- Frank Sinatra
- Everything Has Changed – Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran
- Wild Horses – The Rolling Stones
- She’s Always A Woman – Billy Joel
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur
- Do you Remember – Jack Johnson
- You Are The Reason – Calum Scott and Leona Lewis
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Leave a Light On – Tom Walker
- I’m Not The Only One – Sam Smith
- All of me- John Legend
- Songbird – Oasis
- Big Yellow Taxi – Counting Crows and Vanessa Carlton
- Big Parade – The Lumineers
- It’s All About You – McFly
- Sitting on the Dock o’ the Bay – Otis Redding
- Girl Put your Records On – Corrine Bailey Rae
- Star Girl – McFly
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- California Dreamin – The Mamas & The Papas
- Sparks- Coldplay
- Make You Feel My Love – Adele
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
- Cover Me In Sunshine – Pink
- Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
- Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow – Amy Winehouse
- First Times –Ed Sheeran
- The Joker and The Queen – Ed Sheeran
- Fall into Me – Forest Blakk
- Let’s Go Home Together – Ella Henderson and Tom Grennan
- I Do – Aloe Blacc and LeAnn Rimes
- Have I told you lately- Van Morrison
- God Only Knows- The Beach Boys
- How Long Will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
- Something In The Way She Moves – James Taylor
- L_O_V_E Nat King Cole
- Little Things – One Direction
- Grow Old With Me – Tom Odell
- That’s When I Knew – Alicia Keys
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Lauren Hill
- With or Without You – U2
- Shallow – Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper
- Fields of Gold – Eva Cassidy
- I Lost Myself In Loving You – Jamie Miller
Enjoyed my ideas ? See more of my images from real weddings to inspire you on my website page Beautifullight Weddings